About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Weird Cravings!!

There are Three Foods I Can't Live Without at the Moment:
1.) Kashi GO LEAN Crunch
2.) Peanut Butter
3.) Crystal Lite "on the go" Water mixes
4.) Sugarless Gum

There are moments where I get irrational cravings for each of these. Obviously, my body needs (or wants) some of the ingredients. I eat all of those items every day, if not multiple times a day! The Kashi has a wonderful mixture of protein, carbs and sweetness. I could easily put a box away in one day. No problem. Of course, it also has plenty of fiber, so I won't do that to myself or my co-workers. Peanut Butter has a great combination of protein and fat. I either buy the reduced fat/low sugar version or simply organic PB, which is nothing but peanuts and salt. As for Crystal Lite packets, it takes the doldrums out of 10 daily bottles of water! Lemonade is my favorite. I've been known to open the packet and drink the powder straight. Horrible? Yes...downright repulsive. But damn is it yummy. At least I'm not spreading it on a mirror and snorting it with a rolled up dollar bill, ok? My bad habits could be worse. Besides, the Crystal Lite Packets are sugar free. God only knows what I'm putting in my body. As for gum, I probably chew 5-6 pieces a day. Not sure what that's all about. Hopefully, I burn those few calories by the very act of chewing the gum!

In any event, I still eat something about every 3-4 hours to stay fueled. I'm just glad I'm no longer craving Nachos Bel Grande from Taco Bell!

Today's Gazelle Workout was a challenging 15 x 400s. However, after every set of 5, we had to decrease our time by 2-3 seconds. We had a 1 minute break in between each 400 and did one slow lap in between each set.

Warmup from Runtex to Track 1.66 miles 15:16 (9:11 pace)
Set #1 5 x 400s
1:43, 1:41, 1:42, 1:40, 1:43 AVG 1:42

Set #2 5 x 400s
1:36, 1:40, 1:36, 1:37, 1:38 AVG 1:37

Set #3 5 x 400s
1:34, 1:35, 1:34, 1:35, 1:34 AVG 1:344

Cool down back to Runtex 1.53 miles 13:46 9:00 pace
Total Workout--about 8 miles

Nutrition:
5:00am 1/2 whole wheat tortilla with organic PB, cup of coffee
8:15 am left over quinoa with chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes and feta
1:00pm salad from Whole Foods with tuna, turkey, edamame and other assorted veggies, 1/2 cup dry kashi, diet dr. pepper and 3-4 bottles of water throughout the morning.
7:00pm Zax with Shawn--we split Grilled polenta with blue cheese, I ordered the Steak Salad with blue cheese, virgin mango dacquiri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you seriously drink that much water? j

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I do most days!