About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm in Podcast Heaven

(Spin/Run brick, Core Class)

Brrrr...winter is back! Ok, so it was a blustery low 40's this morning. Oh, the horror! I was thinking of riding outside, but I decided to go to Spin Class at 5:45am this morning instead. What a great decision it turned out to be. The workout was tough and I left a nice smattering of sweat on the floor below me and went through a couple of bottles of water. My avg. HR was 78% (warmup and cooldown included), but I spent most of the time between 80%-88%. I never hit 90% because the bike resistance kept sticking at a certain level. That's ok because I didn't really want to grind my knees anyways. After the 50 minute class, I hopped on the treadmill and ran 1.5 miles in 13:15...ahhh...nothing like that awkward transition from bike to run. After the treadmill, I spent the next 20 minutes or so stretching and doing abs. I found a new cool podcast to listen to called "A Better Day." This show features health tips and advice, as well as cool music. Did I mention I'm now addicted to downloading podcasts?? If you have I-Tunes loaded, you must check out the Podcast section. There are podcasts out there on virtually every topic in the world...I'm primarily stuck on shows about Triathlon, Relaxation, Health Advice, Running and Religion. By listening to these programs, I feel like a better person and it breaks the monotony of radio and music. Plus, it helps time go by on the treadmill when you just can't listen to Britney Spears "Slave 4U" anymore. The best part of these Podcasts?? THEY'RE FREE! It's like a whole new world of information and entertainment has been opened. Now, I have the itch to produce and host my very own podcast, but I really don't have the time or technical knowledge right now.

I didn't swim tonight...Couldn't get away from work because we actually had a birthday lunch brought in for two of our employees. Oddly enough, that's 1/3 of our company! We ordered in from Vinny's Italian Cafe. Luckily for me, I wasn't crazy about any of the pizzas they brought in so I ate one small piece and two side salads. Cake was Italian Creme Cake and I'm not a fan, soooo I didn't partake in the cake either. woo hoo!! I did have a small chocolate square for my crazy indulgence!

I'll do my 15 mile training run bright and early on Friday morning and then I'll swim at lunch. I'm not stressing about it. My "A" race right now is Boston. Therefore, I wanted to be rested and healthy for the run. I still have plenty of time for tri training.

Nutrition:
7:30am coffee and 1 1/2 cups of Kashi GO LEAN Crunch, blueberries, yogurt
11:30pm 1/2 solar falafel
1:30pm house salad with vinagerette, 1 piece of pizza from Vinnys, 1 piece of chocolate...2 bottles of water with Crystal lite
5:40pm 1/2 solar falafel
7:30p-8:00p Made dinner at home: Grilled Chicken Pasta tossed in romaine salad...I grilled the chicken and boiled the whole wheat pasta all by myself--yee haw. I can be domestic. I just choose not to! Water and Fresca to drink.

3 comments:

TTUTri said...

Great workout!

Have you seen audioblogger.com? You can record little snipits right from your phone and it's uploaded for free to your blog. Podcast away - we're listening.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Awesome, awesome...see I learn something new EVERY DAY!!

:) said...

Yeah...I'd love to hear what you have to say!