About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

Recovery Day...Sorta

After a night of thunderstorms, I wasn't sure what our Morning run would entail. Gilbert sent us off on a 10 mile Recovery Run. Run "nice and easy" for 8 miles and then try to pick it up the last two. I didn't feel that bad at first...hamstrings were a bit tight, but other than that, I was doing o.k. I wore some really old shoes anticipating that the trail would be muddy. I was right.

Amy, Anne, Ashley, Jennifer and I started running towards Riverside. It didn't take long to realize that Anne and Ashley's "nice and easy" pace was different than mine today. The rest of us backed off slightly and let them go. The wind was gusting slightly and it even started raining briefly during the run. The run was difficult and I just felt slightly beat up. I kept doing form checks and readjusting my back, my strides, etc. We finished with 6 strides....

Mile 1 10:01
Mile 2 8:45
Mile 3 8:47
Mile 4 8:42
Mile 5 8:53
Mile 6 8:59
Mile 7 8:39
Mile 8 8:19
Mile 9 8:20
Mile 10 8:01
Mile .12 :54

Total: 10.12 miles in 1:28:23 (avg pace 8:44 per mile)

Nutrition:

5am 1/2 w.w. tortilla with organic PB
8:15am Leftover Firebowl for breakfast--chicken stirfry with veggies
11:15am chocolate protein drink
1:45pm South Congress Cafe--1 piece of bread with butter, 1/2 House salad, blackened tuna tacos that included black beans, saffron rice, avacado and corn tortillas (had 1 1/2 tortillas)...it was so very yummy!!!!
6:30pm appetizers at the little Cafe next to Vespaio. We shared orzo and green beans with salami (very small amounts of both). We then split dessert and I had a small square of tiramisu and a small square of chocolate cherry torte. I also had a couple of bites of a cookie. While the rest drank wine, I was sipping on my iced tea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to start a blog and write about what I eat all day, I'd probably start eating better!

Sounds like you are SOOO on track for a great, fun marathon.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I found that logging my food makes me accountable for everything I put in my mouth---well, ALMOST anything!!