About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Friday, March 17, 2006

In Lieu of Green Beer, I Think I'll Train

I had so much fun stuff to post, that I forgot about my training for this morning. I had an hour-long bike ride scheduled on the calendar. Because of my seat fiasco (see yesterday's entry), I was not able to ride my bike. I even got up at 5:30am this morning to try to switch seats from my old road bike to my new one just so I could ride my bike. No such luck...the seats aren't compatible and my old stem needs to be cut off because of the Kestrel design. Oh well, I guess I have a lunch project today.

In any event, I head to the gym and hopped on one of the spin bikes. There was no official class this morning so I did my own thing while listening to Episode 10 of the triathlon podcast "Get Your Geek On." Actually, every 5 minutes I alternated between a fast cadence spin with little resistance and an out of the saddle pedal stroke with medium resistance. I didn't do anything too difficult because I have a 22 mile hilly training run tomorrow morning for Boston. After the 1:00 bike, I hopped on the treadmill and did 1 mile at a 9:00 pace. Another good workout even though I would've preferred to be on my own bike this morning!

Nutrition:
5am: 1/2 whole wheat tortilla with organic PB and sugar free jelly
9:15am cup of kashi/Uncle Sam's combo with blueberries and yogurt, cup of coffee and 4 bottles of water (I'm counting 2 bottles during and post workout)
1:15pm Pei Wei Again--Pei Wei Spicy with Shrimp and veggies, brown rice, bottle of water. fortune cookie. 1 hershey kiss
5:15 pm Diet coke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's about time you posted. i figured you just rolled in...:-) j