About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My Bloated Track Workout

This morning's workout is always one of my favorites: 800's on the track. Our task was to do between 6 and 8 repeats between 3:20-3:25 per repeat. Amy and I did long long run warmup from Runtex to the track for a total of 2.7 miles. My over-indulgence last night made me a little nervous. It's not fun running on a stomch that was full of wine, sweets and food just a few short hours before. I had a small breakfast before my run as well since I'm trying to get in the habit of eating before my workout. Therefore, I actually felt "full" this morning..."Full" as in slow. Of course, Mother Nature also has a way of making women feel bloated and heavy during certain weeks of the month. This just happens to be that week for me. (sorry guys) Needless to say, I wasn't feeling like a runner this morning.

At first I only wanted to do the minumum amount of repeats, but as the morning went on, I convinced myself to finish all eight repeats. It's a good thing because I finished strong. After the workout, I felt like a runner. Amy and I are, once again, doing the 20 miler this Friday morning since I'm going to Colorado on Friday afternoon! I can't wait to not be stuck in a schedule over the weekend. I'm just feeling trapped by my own regime lately and it will feel good not to have one. My only decisions will be which book or trashy magazine I want to read.

My 800 times were as follows:
3:26
3:22
3:21
3:23
3:24
3:20
3:21
3:18

We did our 1.4 mile cooldown run back to Runtex and called it a morning. I'm feeling very prepared for Boston at this point, but this Friday's 20 miler will be the best gauge for me. It involves a lot of hills towards the end of the run. Let's hope I'm mentally and physically ready for the challenge. I'll just keep telling myself that I'm getting on a plane later that day!

Nutrition:
5:15am 1/2 banana, 1 teaspoon PB, whole wheat tortilla
9:15 1 cup of Kashi Mighty Bites, blueberries, organic yogurt
12:30pm 2 grilled fish tacos, 2 corn tortillas, side salad with Salsa dressing
4:30pm 1/2 whole wheat bagel, banana, 1 teaspoon PB, bottle of water
7:15pm veggie, tofu stirfry with brown rice, diet coke

No comments: