About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Striving for Balance in Crested Butte

"Living in Balance," "Access to the Power of Your Higher Self," "A Course in Miracles," "Zen and the Art of Making a Living..." Just a few of the books we are studying on our sabbatical in Colorado. Of course, being that it's a girl's trip, we also have plenty of time for "US," "People" and "In Touch" Magazines! It's amazing how easy balance finds it's way to you when you're in the mountains. In the "Real World," it's hard to settle down and relax. It's hard to surrender. But you know what? It's starting to work. Yesterday, a couple of the girls wanted to ski. My friend Susan and I weren't quite ready to tackle the mountains. Therefore, I napped. Yep, I read and then I napped. Wow...

We picked Michelle and Kim up from the mountain and headed immediately to "The Secret Stash." It's a funky/hippy pizza place known for its atmosphere, great salads and amazing pizza. It is NOT known for quick service. That's ok. We're on vacation. What's the hurry? We ate lots of salad so by the time the pizza came, we were stuffed. We each ate a piece just to say we did. Needless to say, we have leftovwers. We got back to the condo, lit a fire, made hot tea and just relaxed in each other's company. We were in bed by 8:30pm! (9:30pm Texas TIme). My first night of relaxation and balance worked.

No comments: