About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Medal Time


What a finish for Carrie. Hoping to break 12 hrs she needed a sub 4 hour marathon to do so. And she did it with lots of minutes to spare. Her 3:52 marathon solidly brought home a sub 12 hr IM finishing in 11:46:29. What an amazing race in a day with sunshine to start and rain to finish. More to follow...waiting for Shawn to finish his first ever!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Great Job Carrie. Kirby and I were tracking you today in between 18 holes of golf. Awesome job. Looks like you had great race and I had my best round of Golf ever. Woohooo!
Call me soon. Miss ya!
.26

Coach Liz said...

So freaking awesome!!! You crushed that marathon course girl. Only in my dreams could I do an IM race in under 12 hours. You are my IM hero!

ShirleyPerly said...

Incredible race! CONGRATS Carrie!!

Fe-lady said...

Congrats to you both! It's a TOUGH course (have only driven it-not raced it). Wow...sub four mary after that bike ride! Awesome!

triguyjt said...

carrie....incredible!! fantastic...amazing...you are my hero!!

way to go buckeye power baby!!!

congrats to shawn.. very great job...