About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Sun Will Come Out... Tomorrow

Boston has been wonderful so far...The expo was slightly overwhelming :-) I bought 2 jackets/2 hats/a shirt and shorts. I'm too superstitious to wear them in advance!

Had a wonderful early Italian dinner and then Shawn and I went to an Imax film about the "Tour de France." Makes me glad I'm not cycling the race tomorrow!! Hopefully, I won't get any road rash from a 26 mile jog.

This city is electric right now...marathon jackets everywhere, healthy people on every corner, everyone talking about the Marathon. I'm definitely calm about this one...no real agenda, no real pressure, just make sure the legs keep turning over. Every now and then it hits me that I'M AT THE BOSTON MARATHON!!! I go between emotions of feeling bad ass and feeling incredibly insecure. I went for a 3 mile jog this afternoon and I swear I could feel the extra pounds I've put on this week. I almost can't wait to get back to my tri-training schedule so that I feel more fit!
I didn't go down to the finish line today. Part of me wanted to see it and the other part of me wanted to experience it for the first time tomorrow. I know it will be completely and utterly overwhelming.

I'm meeting my running partner Amy tomorrow at 7:30am for a quick breakfast before boarding the bus that will take us to Hopkinton.

Race # 13039
My estimated time goal: 3:45-4:15
Weather forecast--PERFECT--mid 50s and partly cloudy. It's a PR kinda day, but I'm not going to attempt it. My "PR" for tomorrow will be whatever "Personal Revelation" I gain from this historic moment.

Let's do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! 3h35m Awesom!!!!

Anonymous said...

you rock!!!! congrats!!!! j