About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Friday, April 07, 2006

A Real Test of Willpower!!

Man, oh man...I picked the wrong time to give up alcohol. This chick loves wine and this chick was just handed tickets to tonight's "Grand Tasting Event" at the Hilton Hotel for the Texas Hill Country Wine and Food Festival! It's a $95 ticket that includes fabulous food and scores of wine. Only problem?? I still have 10 more official days of complete and utter sobriety until my ass crosses the finish line at Boston. Damn, Damn, Damn!! Why am I so utterly disciplined? I'll just eat extra food to make up for the calorie and sugar deficit from not drinking wine. 10 more days, Carrie. You can do it.

Here is how the website describes this evening's event:
One of the annual highlights of the Festival, Stars Across Texas must be experienced to be believed. The best and brightest culinary stars from small towns to the biggest cities gather in one place for your gastronomic pleasure. Sample one delectable morsel after another from more than 60 restaurants, prepared by some of the best chefs and pastry chefs in the state. Delight in a astonishing array of wines from over 30 wineries from Texas and the world. This grand tasting will prove once again that everything is bigger in Texas.Tickets are also available at all Austin Twin Liquors locations.

OK--well, I'm not sure about that whole "gastronomic pleasure" line, especially after some of the workouts I've had lately! It usually involves a little gastonomic distress!! In any event, I plan to show up, look fabulous and graze my way through every "delectable morsel." After all, I completed both workouts by 8:15am.

Run: 10.5 miles with Amy, Tonya and Cindy 8:45-8:55 pace
Swim: 35 minutes of some laps, lots of slow drills. I was supposed to do 45 minutes, but I kept getting those awful charlie horse cramps in my feet again, which rendered me useless a couple of times. I'm worried about that for the upcoming events. I've been drinking tons of water and eating my bananas for potassium (ok--2 in 2 days). That's the 2nd time in two weeks I've had those debilitating foot cramps. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Off to drink fake wine and make people laugh in DC!

Nutrition:
5am 1/2 banana, 1/2 w.w. tortilla with PB, Clif Shot Electrolyte Drink
7:15am 1/2 banana, finished drink
9:15am 1 1/2 cups Kashi, yogurt and berries, coffee
1:00pm 1/2 w.w. tortilla with PBJ and cup of Kashi with yogurt and berries (yes, again), bite of brownie

1 comment:

joel said...

Congratulations!!!

Our editors have selected your newsfeed to be featured in one of our Top 10 Sources sites. You can view the site that features your feeds by clicking here:
http://Boston-Marathon.TopTenSources.com/TopTenSources/Default.aspx


If for any reason you would prefer not to have your feed included in this Top 10 site, and wish for us to remove it from our site, please just let us know at remove@TopTenSources.com.

Thanks, and thank you for having such a great news source on the Internet!

Sincerely,

The Top 10 Sources Editorial Team