About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, April 03, 2006

Mama's Tired

Damn, I hate admitting that I'm human, but the fact is,I'm tired and I'm sore. With two weeks to go until Boston, that's not a good feeling. This morning, Gilbert gave us a choice of runs. Either a 10 mile hilly run in Barton Springs or a 10 mile Recovery Run-depending on how we were feeling. It didn't take long to decide that I was doing the recovery run. Amy, Tonya and I met at Runtex at 5:45am and set out. Immediately, I felt "off." My legs felt hollow and I was a little woozy. Sadly, we weren't really even running fast. All of the water fountains along the way were turned off. Damn, I was really parched and slightly dizzy. I'm pretty sure I was just dehydrated from the weekend's activities. Both Saturday and Sunday's main workouts took place during the heat of the day and I don't think I truly accounted for the loss of water during those workouts. Mentally, I was just not into the recovery run today and convinced myself that continuing would do more harm than good at this point. What I need more than anything else is water and rest...water and rest...water and rest...I let them know I was cutting the run short. Who knew that 7 1/2 miles would be cutting a Monday workout short? It was still 1hr 10min avg about 9:20 pace. I'm sure they were relieved so that they could pick it up a bit. I'm glad I made the decision as I came home and stretched for about 20 minutes. Oh yeah, I also drank some Gatorade and a ton of water.

Nutrition:
5:30am 1/2 whole wheat tortilla, organic PB
7:30am Bottle of Gatorade and 1/2 sugar free latte
9:30am 1 cup of dry Kashi Go Lean Crunch
1:00pm Leftover chicken stirfy from firebowl with brown rice and veggies, 2 bottles of water
2 more bottles of water in the afternoon...3 chocolate mints
7:00pm Baja fresh--2 shrimp and chicken tacos on corn tortillas, ate two tortillas, guac and some chips
9:30pm small ice cream cup from McDonalds after "Gag Reflex" Rehearsal

No comments: