About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Back to Reality

We finally arrived home in Austin this morning. As much as I adored my vacation and time away, it is always good to be home. In a perverse way, I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine of working, training, eating and sleeping.

We went for a 5 mile run on the Cliff Walk in Neport Beach, Rhode Island on Saturday. This paved path is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on one side and hellacious mansions on the other side. I mean mansions from the 1700-1800s for the Astors, the Vanderbilts, etc. These things are over the top. Most of now museums and hotels these days, but you can imagine the parties that took place in the walls. Obviously, it was a beautiful sight to behold on either side. My quads were definitely still sore so I took it nice and slow.


Other than a little walking, the was it for exercise this week. I wasn't home for more than an hour when I hopped on my bike and rode for about 1hr 15 minutes in the Great Hills area of Austin. It was tough, but I'm glad I did it. I definitely need to ramp up the tri training from here on out. I'm planning on doing mostly elyptical training this week (in lieu of running) and will probably start running again this weeked or even next week. This week, I plan to fall in love with swimming again--or at least like it enough to muddle through the workouts!

No comments: