About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Life Resolution

Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than FALLING IN LOVE.

In a quite absolute final way, what you are in love with,

what seizes your imagination,

will affect everything.


It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning,

what you do with your evenings,

how you spend your weekends,

what you read, who you know,

what breaks your heart,

and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.


Fall in love,

stay in love,

and it will decide everything.




This poem was read at our pre-marriage classes. I love it so much that I also read it at my wedding reception. Yes, I did my own toast!

1 comment:

Precious said...

chills j