About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Week 7: Mon. Spin/Brick Workout

So, it was raining on Monday morning and I just couldn’t muster the energy to run in the rain today. Turns out that I made a good decision. I thought we were supposed to do a circuit workout, but apparently it was a 10-mile pace run. For the few that did show up, he apparently cancelled the “pace” portion of the run because the trail was in such bad shape due to the storms and told those to just do the best they could.

In lieu of tramping through the mud, I went to Spin Class with Shawn and then hopped on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. It’s good practice since I haven’t actually been doing many bricks during this training period. I do enjoy spin class (if that’s the right word to use), but much prefer the real outdoors. I do hope this is the week I can return to the saddle in a good way…

My diet has been a little off as well. Not overly poor, but I haven’t been as conscious as usual. Went to dinner last night with some friends and tried to be well-balanced. Well, at least until dessert showed up.

Also starting to feel the waves of Turkey Trot Pressure building. More than anything, I'm trying to get over my procrastination of some of the work involved in directing this event. I also need a Volunteer Coordinator so if anyone is interested, let me know!

No comments: