About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Week 4: Manadatory Rest Week

Well, the demon growth on my inner thigh has officially been eradicated. It was pretty much what I suspected. An ingrown hair follicle had become infected and was irritated even more by my cycling shorts, thereby growing into non-human proportions. I'll spare the photos and the details, but let's just say I could've used a Civil Engineer for the drainage system that was needed! (sorry, Jill). I'm a comedian. I'm supposed to cross the line. I knew it was bad when he asked the nurse for a 4 x 4.

"Um, isn't that a plank of wood?" I asked.

I actually got a Doctor to chuckle.

He admired my sense of humor as he stuck needles in places where needles should never go.
I admired his ability to stick needles in places where needles should never go.

I got some pain meds (hallelujah) and antibiotics. I was also told to sit in warm bath water a couple of times a day. You don't have to ask any woman twice to do that! He didn't say anything about candles or bubblebath though...damn.

It also means mandatory rest for at least a week. No running, biking or swimming. (trying not to let the panic attack set in). No complaints here. I'm heading to Colorado on Friday night for my annual "Girls Getaway" to Crested Butte. We did have some hiking and moutain biking planned so I'll just see how I feel. If nothing else, I'll finally finish some books I've been trying to get through!

3 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I'm guessing Barton Springs doesn't necessarily qualify as "warm bath water..." Hmmm...sounds tempting anyways :-)

greyhound said...

Colorado goooooooood. Texas baaaaaad. Man, I wish I was back in the mountains.

Although I am pretty sure the doctor did actually prescribe floating rose petals, candles and aromatherapy for that alien cyst thingy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have been out of the loop on this...work was a biznitch this week. I'm really glad to hear The Swede was removed and that you are doing well!!