About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Week 1: REST DAY

Yep, I said it--today is a REST DAY!! It felt good to sleep in until 8:00am...The Salvation Army came today to pick up 3 couches, photo frames, kitchen items, a book shelf and some other stuff that was once very important to me. They're coming back tomorrow and Saturday for other large items including my washer/dryer, desk, TV and kitchen table. Yep--it's very strange to be ridding myself of so many items. Strange in a good way, of course! My cat, however, is in freak out mode. How do I know?? He's not eating very much right now. Those that have met my cat Brutus know that consumption of food has never been an issue. He'll be fine as this is the 3rd move he's made with me.

"Talladega Nights" was exactly what I needed it to be--brain mush!! It was pretty damn funny and do recommend it to anyone who needs a night off from "reality!"

This weekend includes lots of training, packing and more moving...

Friday: 5:30am 18-20 mile run
Saturday: 40+ Mile Bike Ride
Sunday: easy swim at Barton Springs

Bring it on!!

1 comment:

christine said...

er....i was just catching up with you...good woman...your a machine!
a real tri and a marathon!!