About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Week 1: 800s

Man, I was in a pissy mood this morning. No real reason...just feeling grumpy. I'm chalking it up to PMS and the fact that the FULL MOON was still shining and bright this morning as we did our warmup run to the track. I went to bed at a decent time and slept well. Unfortunately, I remember now having an odd dream about someone committing suicide. Don't ask...It wasn't someone I knew, but somehow I was involved in the dream. Weird...I woke up feeling a little heavy from the dream drama. I hate that and certainly hope it doesn't set the tone for the day!

We were doing 6-8 x 800m repeats on the track with 2:00 min rest in between. We started off with Frank and Ann's group, but they had some serious mojo and quickly jumped up to the group ahead of us. We still had a nice pack of people including Mike, Thon, Amy, Jennifer, Dennis and Jonathon. There may have been others, but it was freaking nighttime for most of the run! I was going to stop after six, but coached had us do one more. Needless to say, I was pleased that I was still able to pick it up for the last one even though I was pretty damn tired and emotionally vacant for most of the morning.

3:22
3:16
3:17
3:16
3:19
3:17
3:12

Plus 1.6 mile warmup to track and 1.6 mile cool down back to Runtex.

I'm sure the day will get better and I'll emerge from my fog. How could it not get better? We're going to see "Talladega Nights: The Adventures of Ricky Bobby" tonight! I could use some good mind-numbing humor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great job this morning! We all did really well, especially considering the nasty weather.

Crappy mood days suck...I hope your day gets better. Have fun tonight, I wish I could join y'all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, great movie...it's laugh out loud funny.

I'll refrain from quoting any of my new favorite lines.

JBy

Deb said...

bummer your morning sucked. Hope the movie was a good time!