About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm Riding the Wave


I'm not sure what's going on, but I am currently riding the wave of some great runs recently!  

Last week, we did a speed workout at Zilker Park:
1 x 3000m 12:25
1 x 2000m 8:07
1 x 400m 3:52
1 x 400m 3:54
1 x 400m 3:54

This week, we did Mile Repeats at Zilker Park. Because of timing, I had to cut it short at 3 repeats instead of my usual four.

Mile 1: 6:36
Mile 2: 6:33
Mile 3 : 6:27

On Friday morning, I did an 11 mile long run with Skud at a leisurely 9:07 pace because last night we both participated in the Zilker Relays! That's right 4-person teams lined up and each team ran 2.5 miles on a Friday night in Austin, Texas.  

My team consisted of Tracy from Ohio, her husband Bob, Gazelle Richard and me anchoring the crew!  Somehow, even after eating at Hula Hut earlier in the day, I ran a 15:48 2.5 miler (6:29 pace). Hell Yeah!!  Our entire team kicked some butt!

Let's hope it's not a fluke! :-)

It's Buckeye Football game day so I'm off to watch Ohio State!  Go Bucks!!!

4 comments:

Viv said...

Can't be a fluke Caddy you work too hard you deserve some supah fast, glorious runs!

Another Buc fan...I find you Bucs everywhre in my life lately. Was there really much to see it was a massacare was it not :-)

Garry said...

I agree...no fluke there! Obviously the result of some hard and consistent work. Good on you!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

WOW! SIX MINUTE MILES! You rock!

Congrats on establishing your new baseline!

Richard said...

Just for the record, I'm thinking that you can do better than 3:52 for a single lap around the track...