About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet and Twisted Tri



The Sweet and Twisted Tri was so incredibly sweet for many reasons!  Great challenging course, mimosas and breakfast tacos, and the best damn race swag EVER!

I'm talking:
-cute girlie t-shirt that actually fits
-cycling jersey
-water bottles
-visors
-finisher's towel

and age group award bags that Olympiads would envy that included back packs, Suunto watches spa/bath items and more!


The race was Twisted because I did it the day after a kick-butt 20 mile run at an 8:16 pace!

Still, I finished 9th overall and 3rd in my age group good for some awesome hardware.

Pics coming soon!!

2 comments:

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

WOW! Sounds like a fun event!

I'll have to do a google search to check it out.

You mean to tell me there are race t-shirts that are designed to fit women?

Huh...

Anonymous said...

I had fun volunteering! Definitely something I'll tri in the future.