About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

We Did It!

The Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon is in the can! Lightening, wind, rain and hail all threatened to cancel this race, but Mother Nature didn't win. The race continued as did most of the athletes!  The bike ride was a lesson in patience, acceptance and humility because of the deteriorating conditions throughout the course, but we came through!

My swim was a new PR and my run was right where I hoped I could be on such a difficult course! I'm a happy and incredibly sore triathlete because we drove the 6.5 hours back to Austin yesterday after the race. Can you say, "muscle atrophy?"

Shawn also had a monster PR day so I'll be posting tidbits and photos soon!

Carrie:  5:53:57
Shawn: 6:49:57


8 comments:

Dave said...

Great times! Congrats to both of you.

Runner Susan said...

Those are great times! Congrats.

Patricio said...

Way to go guys, well done!
Great times too!!

P

Garry said...

Sounds like some challenging conditions but you both pulled off great times. Good job!

Mnowac said...

Congrats to both of you!!!! Nicely done! Can't wait to hear about the follow up with Jorge.

Richard said...

You both had phenomenal transition times, too. The changing-tent naps are history! And an 8:06 pace for the half after a brutal swim? Damn!

triguyjt said...

congrats to you and shawn...
awesome...

of course, you have to credit jorge....

don't you././

you probably need him right now..
I know I could use massage now after a half...

look forward to your entertaining spin on the 70.3

Viv said...

Congratulations to you both on stunning fantastic times and finishing in the conditions. I heard it was just crazy weather. Then you drove back you crazy kids.