About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Official Eagleman Photos Posted

Yikes!! Thank God it wasn't a beauty contest!

You'll notice the one wetsuit photo of me with dirt all over my face. That pretty much sums up the finish line of the swim after battling the waves for what felt like and eternity.

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?12258731


Our Tour of Dead Presidents continues and ends today. SO far this week we've seen the homes and subsequent burial grounds of Presidents Washington, Madison, Jefferson and Kennedy. If there's time today as we head back to D.C., we may visit the Fords Theatre where Lincoln was shot and later died across the street. Morbid?? Maybe... Fascinating?? You bet! Who wouldn't want to see the bloody pillow where he laid his head?

There's no doubt that I'm leaving Virgina/Maryland/D.C. with a renewed interest in American History. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I didn't give a shit about it the first time! Maybe some of the history will stick now! It was humorous as we went for a small job this morning along the streets of Colonial Williamsburg. As we're in our Asics Gel Nimbus Shoes and Cool Max clothes, the "townspeople" were meandering by with their colonial garb and bread baskets. Are you supposed to say "good day?" It was definitely a blending of Old America and New America. I'll take New America any day!

I'm also leaving this area with about 4-5 extra pounds (I suspect) that must find its way off my waistline. It certainly doesn't take long to do damage! I will say that the "death by chocolate" dessert at Trellis Restaurant was worth it though!

Back towards D.C. and then Austin.

4 comments:

TTUTri said...

Congrats again on the great finish. I just finally listened to your GYGO interview during my run today.

Wil is right, you are a very interesting person!

Deb said...

Great pics... I say order them all! I love the east coast and all the history. Have a safe trip home!

greyhound said...

You're missing all our heat and humidity down here. Don't worry, we'll save some for you.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!