About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, May 15, 2006

Busy as a Bee!


Craziness erupted at the agency today! I'm not sure what happened over the weekend, but suddenly clients came in to work today and wanted websites active, print ads changed, radio and tv campaigns to start immediately, brochures printed and new copy written for various pieces. I'm usually very good at prioritizing and making my "to-do" lists. Things were happening so fast today that I never had time to really organize--until the phone stopped ringing! Needless to say, now that I'm a tad more organized, I can hit the ground running first thing tomorrow.

Speaking of hitting the ground running, I ran with the Gazelles this morning and did his circuit workout. Total of about 5 miles all togehter including warm-up run to and from the track. I parked at Barton Springs Pool this morning and when I was finished running, I put on my wetsuit (not an easy task when you're still sweating) and swam 3/4 of a mile in the open water. As always, Barton Springs was cold when I first got in, but I quickly warmed up. I'm not a big fan of wetsuit swimming. It's supposed to make me feel buoyant, but I imagine myself looking more like the Pillsbury Dough Boy attempting to swim. Pretty freakin' funny, eh?? Except that I don't laugh when I'm trying to breathe every 3 strokes! I got into a semi-decent rhythm and could've completed a full mile, but I ran out of time and had to get to work by 9:00am.


Cap Tex Tri is coming up on Memorial Day. I know I'm ready!

Workout:

Gazelle Circuit Workout 5 miles total with core work
Swim Barton Springs 3/4 mile

Nutrition:

5:15am 1/2 w.w. tortilla with PBJ
9:15am kashi with blueberries and skim milk
12:30pm Fantastic Foods cous cous with lentils and 1/2 w.w. tortill with PBJ, couple of tortilla chips
4pm 1/2 cup dry kashi and one Reisen chocolate candy piece, 4 bottles of water
8:30pm spinach over left over chicken stir fry from Firebowl, 1/2 glass of wine, bite of body for life bar, couple of bites of quinoa to taste as I made it.

1 comment:

Deb said...

You dough boy you! I always invision myself looking like a baby Shamoo. Not pretty....but to hell with everyone if they can't find it funny! You don't seem to eat very much relative to your training. Make sure you pay attention to that! Can you stand it...soemone actually TELLING you to eat!?! Great workout!