About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Friday, February 22, 2008

My Campaign is Going International!

This week has been a hoot, to say the least! The Evotri sponsors have certainly already achieved their goal of raising awareness and maximizing their exposure to a mass audience.

My triathlete friends are like, "Oh my God, you may get a set of racing wheels?!?!"

My non-triathlete friends are like, "What the hell is a Power Meter?"

Either way, I've been on the streets and in the papers singing the praises of potentially representing this team and continuing to blow the "Evotri triathlon trumpet."

My actual Ironman training took a slight backseat this week as well, but that's ok. I still totally feel right on target with where I need to be at this point.

I had an interesting and poignant conversation this week with my friend Kerith who is a professor at NIU (Northern Illinois University). This is where the most recent round of school shootings took place. Needless to say, she is incredibly shaken up by the incident and fearful of what to say to her students on Monday when classes resume. She has taught in that Hall where the shootings took place. She has walked through the same side door that the shooter entered. A few of her Communications students were in the classroom when the shootings occured. It's a scary time and the one thing she said that stood out was, "Remember What's Important."

Live for today and enjoy every moment. Do all that you want to do NOW. With that being said, I'm heading off to Cabo for the weekend for a couple of days of utter relaxation. Don't you worry, my Evotri delegates are working overtime and I'm sure I'll convince a person or two on the plane to watch our videos and vote! It is the World Wide Web afterall!

Until then, have a great weekend and thanks to everyone for your encouragement, support and votes! I may not have any friends left after this competition, but my Evotri teammates will love me! :-)

4 comments:

triguyjt said...

are those delegates...super delegates??? couldnt hillary or barack use them more..hahah....
good luck.

its sad when you have to refer to the school shootings as "the most recent round of school shootings" but thats what we live these days right??
enjoy the relaxation

tracie said...

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tagged you. It's a pain, but I hope you do it anyway!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Tracie--I promise to respond to your tag when I emerge from the blur of my Cabo, Mexico haze :-) Actually, maybe this is the best time to answer 7 random questions about me!! Although, it may be things no one wants to know!

Patricio said...

Ooooppss.. sorry but I chose you too.... :)

I just tagged you. It's a pain, but I hope you do it anyway!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.