About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, February 18, 2008

Evotri Top 10 Finalist!

I swear, I feel like someone just handed me an Oscar Award. My hands are trembling with excitement as I type this post. Triboomer called to let me know that I was just selected as a Top 10 Finalist for a spot on Team Evotri.

About a month ago, I was reading
IronWil's blog as she began teasing the new team. Her teasing campaign worked, because I visited her site everyday until she officially announced the details behind the Evotri team contest. Immediately, my subconscious said to my conscious, "You are so going to enter this contest and compete for a spot on the team and I won't take no for an answer. You are the right person and they'd be honored to have you." Truth be told, I'm the one that would be honored to be on this team.

I found the sport of triathlon just like a lot of other people. I was an unfit chubster who discovered running. Running led to triathlon and triathlon has led to achieving the seemingly impossible on a daily basis. I swear, not a day goes by that I don't do something new as a result of triathlon. Whether it's hopping on my Cyclops trainer for 4 hours on a Saturday, swimming in 68 degree water when it's 30 degrees outside, or running 7 miles at 5am BEFORE a race so that I can get all of my mileage completed, this sport has led me to achieve things I would never have dreamed of accomplishing.

The best part? The enthusiasm that I (and everyone else) carries for this sport is visible and extremely contagious. I can't NOT talk about the effect that this has had on me. It's led to coaching opportunities, speaking engagements, Race Director jobs, volunteer opportunities and so many valuable friendships.


That's why, when the chance to "train like a pro" with Evotri came up, I had to submit my video. The only problem? I only had 3 minutes to talk and there are so many other things I wanted to say and illustrate. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to do that when I'm selected. Most of all, I'm just so grateful for the opportunity that these generous sponsors are giving to their team.


So...today is the day I found out that I made it as a Top 10 Finalist. My 3:00 submission video is above, but I encourage everyone to go to
http://www.evotri.com/ and watch all 10 videos. Not one person is more deserving than another since we all so blatantly have the enthusiasm to give back.

Watch the videos and VOTE for your favorite by sending an email to:
vote@evotri.com

Round One ends this Wednesday night (2/20) at Midnight and the Top 7 vote getters move on to Round Two.

Thanks for Watching and I appreciate your votes!

No comments: