About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, March 29, 2010

Beulah the Blister

My biggest war wound of the race was the abnormally full and quarter-
sized blister that formed on the bottom of my foot. Who knew? I've
never really been a blister kinda gal. In any event, Beulah had to go.

2 comments:

Fe-lady said...

ow! you are never supposed to pop a blister....just let it drain on its own. but I guess it's too late to tell you that...
What's her name now that she is popped?

Oh-and awesome time at Oceanside btw! Congrats!

Coach Liz said...

Ok, this ranks right up there with some of Steve in a Speedo's nasty blister and toe nail photo posts.

How you ran a PR with that thing on the bottom of your foot is beyond me.