About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Back from Being a Princess



Stepped back on Texas soil after three whirlwind days in Ohio! In those three days, I had my wedding shower, visited the reception bar, ran twice (total 21 miles) and hung with my Dad as he had knee replacement surgery on Monday.






It is a little ironic that I was running 12 miles the same morning he was having his knee replaced. Now, some people would say that it's a sign that I'm supposed to stop running. I see it as a sign to stay active and just take care extra precaustion. If I'm predisposed to having joint replacements, I'd rather have it as a result of being too active rather than being inactive/overweight.






I'm not even sure how to put the wedding shower into words that are comprehensible except to say that I was completely "overwhelmed" by everyone's generosity. It stems from the fact that I've been gone for nine years now and, yet, I can still come home and visit with friends and family like it was just yesterday that I left. I'm just totally humbled by the fact that people took a couple of hours out of their busy schedules to eat and drink in my honor (and watch me humiliate myself by 1.) having to go around the room and introduce EVERYONE and 2.) having to answer embarrassing questions about Shawn and 3.) having to open underwear in front of my EIGHT neices who are between the ages of 6-10. ) Believe me, I have no problem being the center of attention, but even this was almost too much!

Thank God I'm not opening lingerie in this one!



Me with my Junior Bridesmaids


(yes, I'm wearing a freaking tiara)

I hope to post pictures of all of the decorations because each table had race numbers, gatorade, water and power gels on them. Plus, they all had running shoes with rings inside (to symbolize how Shawn proposed). My cousins and sis-in-laws did not miss a single beat!!





1 comment:

Deb said...

Priceless! I don't know that we all 'live for this day', but it sure is wonderful! Enjoy the moment!

I'll keep your dad in my prayers.