About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Saturday, February 11, 2006

It Takes Flat Stanley to Make Me Feel Well-Rounded


Anyone know who Flat Stanley is? Well, he just spent a week with me in Austin. He's basically a paper doll/school project. My niece in Columbus, Ohio sent him to me. The gist? He spends a week with me as I go about my life. I'm supposed to snap photos with Flat Stanley at various places around town and then write a brief journal about all of the places we visited. I send him back and Nikki gets to present her fabulous Flat Stanley journal to all of her friends and classmates.

I had so much fun with Flat Stanley! Not only did he make me want to see some of the cool things in Austin again (that I take for granted), but he also made me realize how fulfilling my life is. As I broke it down and wrote about each photo, I realized that I'm doing everything I've ever wanted to do with my life. I'm active, I'm fit, I have a cool job at an Ad Agency, I'm acting and making others laugh, I have a wonderful boyfriend and I live in an amazing city. Plus, I have the freedom to do all of these things. Hell, if I wasn't me, I'd want to be me...and that's a good thing.

I'd love to attach my journal as a word doc, but I don't know how. Anyone? Anyone?

On another note: Amy, Ann and I ran a 14 miler this morning at 6am. It included the mentally draining Scenic/Mt. Bonnell hill. Climbing Mt. Bonnell on foot only takes a couple of minutes, but climbing it in your mind takes an eternity. There's nothing like getting to the top and looking out to the sunrise over the rest of Austin.

Nutrition:

5:15am Whole wheat bread with PB and J
9:00a.m. Espresso with Splenda--yummy
12noon Turkey and provolgne wrapped in whole wheat tortilla
4pm Spinach salad with vinagerette, tuna salad, jello sugar free pudding
8pm Homeslice Pizzeria-they say you can splurge on one meal a week. This was clearly my meal! 2 glasses of red wine, ceasar salad, 2 1.2 slices of LARGE pizza with garlic, spinach, cheese and sausage. Some definite carb and fat loading, but boy did it taste good after a hard week!

No comments: