About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Friday, February 24, 2006

I miss Meg Ryan!

Where, oh where is the sunshine? It feels like months since we've had a visit. Of course, in reality, it's been like a week, but it feels like an eternity. I grew up in Ohio and, for the life of me, can't figure out how I endured 6 month-long winters! From November-April, it's pretty gloomy, cold, snowy and rainy. I love going home to Columbus for the week of Christmas to experience the obligatory "white Christmas"(and to see my wonderful family) and then I love high-tailing it back to Texas where the manger scenes are planted on green grass instead of cold snow.

I'm totally getting myself ready for Spring and taking care of some of those projects that just keep getting put on the backburner. Yesterday, I gathered up all of the winter clothes that I didn't wear this year and started my Goodwill pile. Some of the clothes have been around for a while and it's time to say, "Peace out." Of course, you always go through the, "Now, I know I haven't worn this Casual Corner sweater in about 6 years, but what if I want to wear it again?" Trust me...You won't. No one will. Casual Corner is out of business. Here's a good rule of thumb. If the store you bought the clothes from is no longer in business, throw the damn clothes away. I'm finally doing just that.

I FINALLY ordered a new cell phone yesterday because my old one broke when I fell while riding my mountain bike. The phone itself works, but the screen is on the fritz and I can't tell who's calling me and I can't look up anyone's numbers. How awful is it to live without Caller ID? What if someone is calling me and I don't want to talk to them?? It stresses me out everytime my phone rings since I don't know who it is! It's even more stressful when someone leaves me a message and says "Call me when you get a chance." Of course, they're assuming that I can see their number on my screen and now I'm paranoid that I'm going to be considered a snobby bitch to about 20 of my friends. Oh, the trials and tribulations of modern society. I'm also making a promise to throw out all of my old cell phones when the new one arrives. For some reason, I've saved every cell phone I've ever owned--yes, even the big clunky one that needed it's own tote bag. They, too, will be gone this weekend.

I got my Spring Haircut today. I got about 2 1/2 inches cut off the length and some layers put in. I like to think that I have the "Meg Ryan" look, but is that such a good thing anymore? That was, after all, her style in the early 90's when "Sleepless in Seattle" was all the rage. I'm not so sure how cool it is these days to have the "Meg Ryan" 'do when she played a boxer in her last box-office flop. Perhaps I should refer to the same haircut as the Reese Witherspoon or Charlize Theron cut even though neither one of of their styles even remotely look like mine. At least they're hip and cool.



Doesn't it always feel better when you tackle these Spring projects? You feel better and much less-cluttered. Plus, it makes room for the new crap that you are about to buy. C'mon sunshine. Show your face this weekend so that I don't have to mop my kitchen floor! I'd much rather be on my bike than on my hands and knees.

Workout: 6:50am-7:50am Bike Workout on My Trainer...5 min warmup, followed by 25x intervals of big chain ring effort. 1min on/1 min off (total riding time 55 min)

Nutrition:
6:30am 1/2 slice of bread with PB, 2 bottles of water
9:30am cup of Kashi/Uncle Sam's mixed with 1/2 banana, blueberries and yogurt
2:15pm Garden Salad with Tuna, fat free Ranch, diet coke, water
8:00pm Dinner at Austin's Cosmic Cafe (Vegetarian Restaurant). I had chai tea and a tofu/veggie stir fry dish with a ginger sauce. The meal was great, but the sauce was rich. We also started with edamame and a cup of lentil soup with pita bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meg is on oprah wed...:-) j