About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Still Have About 14 min and 45 sec Left!!

Did you see me on TV recently?? Did you?? Did you?? Yeah--me neither really. But I was there in support of the real rock-stars, my friends who own the company Grease Monkey Wipes. They were recently featured on an episode of ABC's "The Shark Tank." If you cycle, you may have seen this product or most certainly wished you had one in your possession when you get a flat tire . They are individually wrapped degreasers for your hands and your bike. The show and their pitch was a smashing success! In the last week, their website traffic and sales and increased exponentially and they recently picked up a national distributor so they will hopefully be coming to thousands of stores near you!

Here was my brush with the famous! Yes, that "grainy" screen shot was taken from the episode and I'm on the far left in blue--trying to get some exposure for the Kestrel :-)  If you blinked, you missed it, but I'm sure my presence won't be forgotten!! Ha ha...It's what won the judges over, I'm sure.




Actually, the real stars of the night belonged to Tim Stansbury and Erin Whalen, who are the owners and geniuses behind GMW. Tim took the "numbers" approach and Erin knocked 'em dead with her "we won't let you down" closing tactic it. It worked! They wowed the Sharks and landed a $40K investment deal! Way to go Grease Monkey Wipes!  We're so happy for you!



Now, if only you would invent something that makes riding a bicycle really easy. Oh wait--they call those motorcycles. Never mind!! Time to get off the blog and get on my bike!

3 comments:

erin said...

thank you carrie! you're a huge part of our success, you know!

TRISHARKIE (AKA Ronda) said...

I saw the episode and was cheering for Tim and Erin!!! Yeah for them! I have ordered the MonkeyWipes and absolutely love them. I've been telling all my friends about this great product. Tell Erin that her winning smile won over the investors.

IronSnoopy said...

I remember you talking, er, writing about them before. Went to dinner a few nights ago with TriSharkie and she was chatting about them again. Just ordered a box of them and a t-shirt!!! Telling my LBS to carry them tomorrow. :-)