About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend Adventure

Shawn informed me yesterday that we're taking a secret vacation this weekend to celebrate my birthday! I couldn't hide the panic and stress realizing that not only am I swamped at work (and will no doubt be working on my vacation), but that this is also the final long, LONG weekend of Ironman training...115-120 mile bike and 18-20 mile run. 

He assured me we would NOT miss a key workout. In fact, aside from "warm weather clothes," I'm instructed to bring my pedals, shoes, saddle and bike helmet.  

It's going to be an interesting weekend no doubt--wherever the airplane takes us!!


6 comments:

Richard said...

Hmm. IM CdA preview ride perhaps? Flying to Africa to bike down the shallow side of Kilimanjaro? Who knows?

Don't forget the wrench for your pedals too, while you're at it. That'd suck to not have.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!

ShirleyPerly said...

Hmm, where could you be going -- back to Hawaii, maybe??? But that would be tough over just a weekend.

Happy early birthday and try not to work too much!!

greyhound said...

You sure know how to pick'em. You flog him all over hell and gone with all this m-dot foolishness, and he's still nice to you.

Coach Liz said...

I knew I liked Shawn but this seals the deal. My husband would never be that creative. Have a great weekend and I cannot wait to hear all about it.

Happy Birthday!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

this sounds like fun, Carrie. Really!

*Except for that pesky "work" thing"*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!