About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Sweetest Man

Do I have the most creative husband, or what?!?

So, I get home from swim class this morning and there's a chinese food takeout box on the counter with a card on top. Hmmmm....A rolodex of dates goes through my mind...We met on January 9th, 2005...Nope, today isn't the 9th. We were married on May 26th...Nope, today isn't the 26th...

But it is St. Patrick's Day and Barrett is kinda Irish...
I open the card and it's all veggie sushi...mmmmmmmmm...How did he find a VEGGIE sushi card (since I'm not eating any fish right now)?!
I open the container and it's the coolest marathon shirt ever...the turn to the BOSTON MARATHON finish line!! I'm sure Boylston is packed with drunken leprechans today in America's Most Irish City...Gotta love Beantown!
Happy St. Patrick's Day and I'll be seeing Boylston again soon :-)

3 comments:

Tiny Bunny said...

LOVE BOSTON!!!

Meredith said...

Are you running Boston? I thought you had decided not to. If you are let me know because we'll be there.

Calypso said...

Marathon Monday is also quite a local event at the pubs as well!