About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Cross Fit: What Am I Getting Myself Into?!




What have you gotten me into?


Tonight, I start the Cross Fit 60-Day Challenge.


I don't know what it is exactly. I just know that some dude who took the initial baseline assessment puked when he was done. Awesome.


60-Days of intense, but quick strength building workouts and a nutritional assessment along the way. Apparently, I'm supposed to turn into some form of Jillian from "The Biggest Loser."


Bring. It. On.


Of course, I first have to get measured with these:





F*cking Fat Calipers!!


That, by itself, makes me want to puke.

4 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Man, I wish I didn't have a coach so I could go AWOL and do some CF stuff. I'd skip the calipers, though!

Priscilla said...

Wow, you're gonna be FIT when you're done! I did Cross Fit for two months last year and LOVED it, but couldn't handle doing that along with training. It will definitely make you stronger!!!

Richard said...

Which crossfit are you going to? I contemplated the one up on Burnet for a while, but never got around to doing anything about it.

triguyjt said...

I would just put off doing that...I am too vain to see what percentage of fat I have.....

too much...!!