About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Little Word Play

I don't get this picture, but it made me giggle!





Here's a small list of random words that we say more often simply because they have "tri" in them:



Trick: My description of doing 3 workouts in one day. It's not a brick; it's a trick.

Trivial: How most of our problems seem after spending 6 hours on a bike saddle.

Trim: Less than 10% body fat? That's pretty freakin' trim!

Trimester: Yeah, it's used in pregancies, but training for Ironman is kinda like giving birth (so I'm told)

Trident: Sure there's less than 5 calories a piece, but when you're hungry, anything will do.

Trilogy: Father-Son-Holy Spirit...Yes, we must pray a lot.

Trip: Every triathlon is definitely a trip. Whether it's 70.3 or 140.6, you're definitely headed somewhere.

Triage: It may be fun to say, but let's hope none of us need it!!





What else?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

triptophan - that pleasantly sleepy feeling you get after a particularly long but satisfying workout (ok, so I cheated and misspelled the word, but close enough)

triglycerides - stored energy for that long workout (extra points for including the word "ride")

trigonometry - those calculations you try to do in your head towards the end of a long workout to see if there is any way to cut a little distance off, even if there is a straight line between you and the finish

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Love it!!! Hilarious :-)