About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Once...Twice...Three Times a Studette

Monday, March 19th

First of all, Congratulations to my long-time friend Lisa for kicking butt in a St. patty's Day 5k in Columbus! Lisa and I became friends in the 5th grade after I basically barrelled her over at home plate during a softball game :-) I don't recall if I was "safe" or "out," but I'm going with the "safe" option. I'm pretty sure it would've been next to impossible to hold onto the ball when this beast of a softball player was sliding into you! I'm sure she'll remember it differently ;-) In any event, she's well on her way to becoming a marathoner, I hope!

So, in case one workout wasn't sufficient enough yesterday, I managed to squeeze in three fairly short, but effective workouts.

5:30am-6:45am Run with Julie, Amy and Jennifer
7:00am-7:45am Swim workout at Stacy Pool--straight swim, paddle work, fin work, drills
5:45pm-6:30pm Jack and Adams Core Class

No one will ever accuse me of being lazy (except for me).

Plus, I got my first batch of 40 wedding invites stuffed, stamped and mailed! I'll be damned if they don't look really impressive. Thanks to my designer Matt who put more hours into this project than he does most of our "paid" stuff.

No comments: