About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Up in the Air

Everything appears up in the air these days.

Frustrated at work yesterday because I'm in a holding pattern on about 4 different projects that I'm working on at the moment. Some people are on vacation, others are in process of getting info to me and still others are "working on it." I feel like I'm tap dancing with a few clients who are like, "So Carrie, where are we on that project?" As an Account Manager, I guess "tap dancer" and "plate spinner" goes along with the territory. It still doesn't keep me from being frustrated from time to time. I just keep telling myself that these projects will be completed. Three of them are website projects and I'm writing the content and waiting on the graphic design.

I visited my bike in the hospital yesterday (aka: Jack and Adams Bike Shop) They are now waiting on prices for a couple of parts to tweak it. The diagnosis is still "up in the air." The good news is that it doesn't look like I'll have to replace the fork...Just tightening the spokes and ordering a small part or two. My fingers are still crossed as it can always take a turn for the worse. I miss not having my bike around. Timing is bad because I also recently cancelled my gym membership so I can't go to spin classes either. Therefore, I'm focusing on swimming and running until cycling becomes an option again. I really missed riding when I was in California because I saw cyclists everywhere! I may get the mountain bike out this weekend do a little off-roading if I get really desperate. Actually, I love trail riding. I also love not breaking bones.

Hopefully, the end of the week will bring some resolution to some of the chaos. I'm just glad it was a short week!

No comments: