About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, July 25, 2006


There I am passing the final female near the finish line at this year's Marble Falls Triathlon! (See my last race report for the full story)...Thanks to Tracy A. for snapping some fabulous photos! I'm glad the shade is blocking the menacing grimace that I'm sure my face is making!

On Monday, July 24th, I skipped Gilbert's Circuit Training Class. I actually got up in enough time, but my body was pretty wiped out from the race the day before. Soooo, I went back to bed and slept in until 7:30am. I'm kinda bummed because I forgot that the Hallmark TV Network was going to be there filming his class for an upcoming show. Never one to shy away from the camera, had I remembered, my butt would've been there! Oh well, I'll catch the spotlight some other time!

I did meet Richard and Thon at Jack and Adam's on Monday at 5:30pm for the Core Workout. It starts with the humiliating attempt at doing pull-ups. Adam is still forced to basically throw me over the bar. The rest of the hour continued with more plank pose, leg lifts, mountain climbers, push-ups and tricep dips. We ended with 10 chin-ups...more childhood humilation. It's one of those workouts that you dread going to, but feel so great when you're finished.

Instead of swimming this week, I met my Bodyguards (i.e. Thon, Richard and Mike) at 6am this morning for a very casual 5 mile jaunt around Town Lake. I didn't even wear my watch, so I can't even begin to estimate our time. However, I'll say somewhere between a walk, slow jog and trot. Thon ditched us in favor of running 5 extra miles. I knew I didn't have it in me today for that distance. Besides, tomorrow's workout is Mile Repeats at Zilker Park. It's a toughy.

1 comment:

TTUTri said...

Great Pic!