About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Body's Punch List

When hubster and I were building our house, the blue "punch list" tape was our best friend. In fact, after three years, I still find a piece of blue tape every now and then. Anywhere there was a paint mistake, scuff mark, carpenter error, or other blemish, we slapped a piece of blue tape next to it so that the appropriate worker would eventually fix the error.

My body has become a palette of blue tape recently.

I don't know if it works, but the blue "punch list" tape makes my leg feel better
God knows there are plenty of blemishes to fix on my little house. Dr. Brown at Austin Sports Therapy has been doing some serious ART on my legs, hips and back. As my friend Muna so eloquently pointed out (in a time when I needed it most), I'm still recovering from the actual procedure itself. The injury has been fixed and the aches and pains probably have more to do with the incisions, cameras, instruments and traction table that ripped and pulled a lot of my right leg out of it's hip socket. Pleasant thought, eh?
In any event, the blue kinesio/rock tape isn't just to make people feel sorry for me (although it works). It is there as a reminder that there are still things that are under construction and constantly need "touched up."

Still Some Repair Work to be Done on this Leg

No comments: