About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happiness is...

As a rehabbing athlete, happiness is having your PT say the word, "Run."
As a writer, happiness is having an editor say, "It looks great!"
As a friend, happiness is having a girlfriend say, "Thanks for listening."
As a wife, happiness is having your husband say, "You Rock."
As a coach, happiness is having your athlete say, "Check out my bloody toe!!"

Hell yes!!  One of my athletes sent me before and after pictures of his jacked up toe last week :-) Woo Hoo!! I love it!  That means he's working hard and his reward will be an empty nail bed when that sucker falls off. Welcome to the Ironman club.




As a triathlete, happiness is going to a race and cheering for friends and hubster who were seriously kicking some tail!

Hubster leaving T2


Holly looking awesome after her race on her new Kestrel!


Me with Christopher and Noah. The future of Triathlon! 

No comments: