About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Flying Feather 4-Miler in Dublin, Ohio



With Iron-Buddies Meredith and Dave

How many people go home for the holidays and actively seek out a race to run?! Glad to say I'm one of the few and thanks to Dave and Meredith's genius suggestion, I signed up for the "Flying Feather 4 Miler" in Dublin on Thanksgiving morning! (This was my one exception to my "not running until the New Year" resolution). Plus, how can you turn down a technical shirt, hat, gloves and FREE bottle of wine for every finisher! Now that's something I'll give thanks for in a big way!!

I showed up in my rockin' capri pants looking more like a suburban Mom than a runner. Seriously, the only thing missing was the triplet baby stroller. I did sport the Ironman Coeur D'Alene running hat just to intimidate those around me. I'm sure it worked. Seriously, I could smell fear.

Meredith was my running buddy as I wasn't even wearing a watch. We had a great time starting slow, passing people, catching up on our lives, realizing how out of shape we both are, and then still finding energy to pick it up for a quick finish!


Yay!! We finished with negative splits!!


What a great way to start the Day!

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season. Let the gluttony begin!



2 comments:

triguyjt said...

Hey there!! welcome back to
OH---IO..
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!!!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

You do not look like a soccer mom. One more thing to be thankful for....