About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Monday, November 02, 2009

Does This Qualify as Stalking?

Over the next two months, I'll be traveling a ton and trading bathing suits for parkas along the way. From Roatan, Honduras to Columbus, Ohio in November and then the Tour of California followed by another trip to Columbus in December for Christmas! We'll be in So Cal for almost a week between the California International Marathon and then a return visit to visit my brother-in-law before Christmas.

For those that don't know, I'm a huge fan of Ellen Degeneres and have been ever since the late 80s when she was a lowly stand-up comic making the circuit and frequenting HBO. I've always appreciated and respected her quirkiness and ability to be funny without resorting to the easy sex jokes (if only I could be that good). So, every day I check her website where I can request tickets to be in the audience when I'm in California sometime between Dec 10-16! Oh my god...Just sayin'...If I get to the Ellen show, Lord only knows what might happen. More than likely, I'll make a huge fool out of myself, but that is a regular routine for me anyways. No surprises there. She's just one of those celebrities I totally feel is doing it totally right.

If you or anyone you know has any ties to the Ellen show, let me know! Otherwise, I'll keep you posted on my "be in the Ellen audience" quest! For some reason, I think this goal may be a little more attainable than qualifying for Kona!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am on that same list in December on the East coast for Dave. :-) fingers crossed!....j