About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Sunday, February 15, 2009

3:27:58 at Austin Marathon


The Austin Marathon is in the can with a 3:27:58!

34th overall female out of 1583
8th in my age group (Women 35-39) out of  270

Official Results HERE!

I'll take it after a week that consisted of no tapering and definitely not enough rest!  I rode 60 miles on Thursday afternoon, ran 5 miles on Friday, swam an hour and rode 35 miles on Saturday AND performed 2 comedy shows on Saturday night!

Not exactly a taper I would recommend for future races.

I owe many thanks to Brian and Frank (just behind me in this photo). I raced their plan for the first half of this very tough course and it totally paid off on the back half.

Complete story including pics and videos from my Gag Reflex Comedy Show coming soon!




11 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Wow - you rock - and I suspect you are extremely funny too!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

CONGRATS Carrie! Awesome!

You'll also have to post about the show.

Richard said...

And, of course, that stand-up show ran past midnight on Saturday night. And you insisted that you weren't racing it.

One of these days, I'd love to have one of your "not racing it" runs... you badass, you...

Anonymous said...

amazing. its pretty clear that all your IM training and many, many miles has given you a huge aerobic base that you can pull a 327 w/ no taper while training for an IM. most impressive.

Unknown said...

Carrie, you never cease to amaze me! Congrats!

Dionn said...

You ROCK SISTER!

ShirleyPerly said...

Nice job!! Look forward to hearing more about both the race and the show!

Mnowac said...

Wowza! Awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are an amazing human being.

Anonymous said...

Dang. That's just not funny at all. :)

Ulyana said...

This is an awesome time! My dream time :)