About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race Day In Kona!




The sun comes up around 6am in Kona. How do I know this? Because Shawn and I were sleeping in the car when the sun started to rise. We found a great parking spot just off Ali'i Drive at 4:30am and attempted to fall back asleep.

We had dinner down here last night and the town was surprisingly subdued. Well--the only thing that wasn't subdued were the triathlete outfits! Are we the worst dressed athletes in sports, or what?!  People--enough of the knee high compression socks. They won't make you faster and they certainly don't make you look better.

We've been having a blast this morning--got to watch the swim start and the cycling "hot spot" where we caught three glimpses of the bike before they headed out to the Queen K.  After that, Shawn, Jack, Cassie and I headed to the nearest sports bar to watch the UT/OU football game!  Gotta love a victory shot at 9am!!

More soon!!

No comments: