About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I'll make you laugh, or break my neck trying. This is usually accomplished with daily bouts of swimming, biking and running. A former "chub-a-holic," I got fit and healthy the good old fashioned way and went from a mid-pack athlete to top age group runner and triathlete. I'm a Writer and USAT Level 1 Certified Triathlon Coach. I guess that makes me part Tina Fey and part Jillian Michaels. Visit my coaching site at www.fomotraining.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swimming at 9000 ft

Thanks to a mix-up in our condo rental, we were granted access to the indoor pool at the Crested Butte club! Not too shabby...so, they keep the pool at a balmy 84 degrees. It's bad when you actually feel yourself sweating in the water. Oh, and did I mention that swimming at 9000 ft is like trying to blow up a titanic-sized raft? After my lungs stopped burning, I actually enjoyed a nice slow swim. A swim is a swim, after all!

1 comment:

greyhound said...

I hear you. Every time I swim in Breck I feel like I need a lung transplant.